San Juan News
San Juan begins booster shots
The San Juan City government on Tuesday officially started the additional and booster vaccination for senior citizens (A2) and immunocompromised individuals or adults with comorbidities (A3) at the FilOil Flying V Centre, which can accommodate up to 3,000 daily, according to a report by Philippine News Agency.
The qualified fully vaccinated residents are required to preregister through vaxreg.sanjuancity.gov.ph.
"The more vaccinees, the better because we can give an additional dose to more residents at the shortest time," Zamora said, partly in Filipino, in an interview.
Registrants must wait for a confirmatory text message before proceeding to vaccination sites. Walk-ins are not allowed.
"This has proven to be one of the most important aspects of our very organized vaccination," Zamora noted.
Last week, the city government started the administration of booster shots to health care workers.
"We are done vaccinating children 12 to 17 years old so we can now focus on our health care workers, senior citizens, and persons with comorbidities," Zamora said.
The city government is further scaling up its vaccination drive "so we can all go back to a better, normal situation especially as Christmas approaches", he added.
"We want people to feel protected especially since we have also started opening up more establishments and easing up quarantine restrictions and people are going out more,” the mayor said.
Based on data, Zamora said there are about 15,000 elderly and 30,000 immunocompromised citizens in San Juan.
"We are relying on the data we gathered from administering first and second doses and we are expecting that in the next few days, they would all start registering for their booster shots," he added.
The city government targets to complete the booster vaccination within a month, provided that they start registering at once.
"We are urging you (residents) to register again so that we will know that you are indeed inclined to get the booster shot. We don't want to assume that they want booster shots," Zamora said.
The Ospital ng Malabon has resumed its operations for outpatient and non-COVID emergency cases on Wednesday, according to a report by GMA News. In an advisory, the hospital management said it will also accommodate 36 weeks and above pregnant pa...
The Navotas city government has started constructing the Navotas Convention Center (NCC), Navotas City Mayor Toby Tiangco and Navotas District Representative John Rey Tiangco said in a report by Manila Bulletin. The NCC’s construction is in pa...
The number of new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases in Pateros, the smallest local government unit (LGU) in Metro Manila with an estimated population of 70,000, has increased by 90 percent, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Based on ...
The Caloocan City Public Safety and Traffic Management Department (DPSTM) inspected on Wednesday, Jan.12, establishments and public places in the city to ensure that the “No Proof of Vaccination, No Entry Policy” is being enforced, a...
Muntinlupa City Government satellite offices situated in Starmall Alabang temporarily halt operations following the fire incident in the shopping mall last January 8. The local government of Muntinlupa has released an advisory to the public that the...