Quezon City News
90-year-old recovers from coronavirus
A 90-year old colon cancer survivor recovered from coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), according to a report on GMA News’ Unang Balita.
Philippine Heart Center health workers and family cheered when Natalia Vicente was brought to the hospital lobby for her release from the health facility.
“Paglabas niya ng elevator, shocked din siya kasi ang akala niya dalawa ‘yung susundo sa kanya tapos may staff din ng Philippine Heart Center. Nadagdagan din kami bale five sa family na nandoon para sumundo sa kanya,” grandchild Beng Vicmundo said.
After battling COVID-19 for 44 days in the hospital, Vicente returned to her home and sari-sari store in Barangay West Kamias in Quezon City.
Due to the threat of virus transmission, Vicente had been isolated from her family.
“May sakit siya pero wala siyang pamilya na nandoon sa kuwarto na ‘yun. Siya lang. Tapos bibisitahin lang ng nurse,” Vicmundo said.
“Sabi niya sa sasakyan: Akala ko hindi na ako makakauwi,” she added.
Vicente was brought to the hospital on April 6 due to pneumonia. She was later tested positive for COVID-19.
After her recovery, Vicente thanked the frontliners who took care of her.
Mayor Oscar “Oca” Malapitan approved on ordinance shortening curfew hours in Caloocan City as the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) continues in Metro Manila due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Pursuant to Ordinance No. 0876 authored by Counc...
Public school officials in Manila said exceeded their target by hitting 100.46 percent enrollment for the upcoming school year. Based on the data provided by the Manila Division of City Schools, there were 270,219 public school enrollees as of July ...
Pasay City opened more rooms at the Villamor Airbase Elementary School (VABES) and set up tents at the school premises to accommodate locally stranded individuals (LSIs) whose number increased anew at the vicinity of the Ninoy Aquino Internation...