Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Quezon City has reactivated a council to protect residents from undue price increases and ensure adequate supply of goods and commodities. Mayor Joy Belmonte, thru Executive Order No. 11, mandated the revival of the Quezon City Price Coordinating Co...
The Senate has passed on final reading a bill seeking to grant night shift differential to government employees. Senate Bill 643 was approved with 20 votes from the senators. Under the proposed measure, government employees, including those in...
Thirty-two former illegal drug addicts have graduated from the community-based rehabilitation program of Navotas known as Bidahan. Bidahan participants underwent a 3-day retreat, a series of counselling sessions for six and 18 months, and random dru...
Inflation rate slightly picked up to 1.3 percent in November from a 42-month low of 0.7 percent in October, but the government said it is not a cause for concern/ Headline inflation slightly inched up after a five-month slowdown in price i...
President Rodrigo Duterte wants the next Philippine National Police (PNP) chief to eliminate drug lords in the country. In an interview over GMA’s Unang Hirit, Duterte said it was not enough to be recommended with a list of contenders for...
The National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) deployed some Muslim police officers to various events of the 30th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games. NCRPO chief, Brig. Gen. Debold Sinas said he made the decision to deploy Muslim cops followin...