Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Commuters waiting for buses along Commonwealth Avenue no longer have to occupy one side of the highway to catch a ride. The Quezon City government has launched a “Libreng Sakay” program where commuters can ride buses for free going to ED...
Mayor Joy Belmonte met with the Quezon City Pride Council (QCPC) on August 16 to ensure that the Gender Fair Ordinance is properly implemented. “Pangunahing inisyatiba ng local na gobyerno na namamahala sa pagbuo ng mga programa para sa m...
Taguigeño student leaders surely learned more about the colorful history, traditions and even what makes our beloved probinsyudad unique during the city tour held last August 15, Thursday. Together with Taguig SK Federation Vice President Jom...
Government employees and public school teachers in San Juan City could now avail of a loan program that will help them settle their outstanding loans from private lending institutions. Mayor Francis Zamora and Government Service Insurance System (GS...
Manila City Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso on Thursday, August 22, signed an ordinance reducing the real property tax in the nation's capital by 20%. Domagoso signed Ordinance No. 8567 which grants a 20% reduction on the increm...
As the Philippines’ first visual arts fair, ManilART is gearing up once more to demonstrate the world-class talent, skill, and vision of Filipino artists at SMX Aura, Taguig City from October 9 to 13. ManilART is a flagship project of the Nati...